[governance] MAG nomcom update

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Mar 30 21:16:58 EST 2006

Hi,

While it is still 30 March in parts of the world (by my calculation
30 March any-time-zone ends at noon GMT 21 March) and there is still
time to volunteer, we are coming to the end of this stage in the
process.

Thanks to all who volunteered, the current count is at 31.  Note:
there is still time to volunteer, i figure about 10 hours more.  Also
please check to make sure that your name is either listed or not
listed on the volunteers list as you prefer at:

http://www.nomadicity.net/volunteers.html

As I indicated in an earlier email, the random seeds for the RFC3797
process will be discovered
on April 1.  They are:

      - Irish national Lottery http://www.lotto.ie/
      - UK national lottery http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/
      - US Powerball http://www.powerball.com

The US powerballl is the latest to be drawn at around 1900 Eastern US
time.  As I am traveling this weekend, I may not be able to do the
draw until sometime in the morning on 3 April.

One of the other things I was hoping to get from the IGC was some
discussion of the criteria for selection.  There has been some
discussion, but it would be good if there was a bit more guidance
from the caucus.

I will work on composing a note to the plenary etc on the process and
criteria and will try to have that ready by the 3rd or 4th (it is a
long plane ride).  I plan to use a combination of the criteria used
for the WGIG collection/selection process and what i pick up form any
discussion on this list.

Again, thanks to all the volunteers.

a.