[governance] IG Public policy issues - approx 7 days left to deadline.. [March 31/06]

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 16:26:09 EST 2006

--- Robert Guerra <rguerra at lists.privaterra.org> wrote:

> In addition to the overarching development and capacity building
> priorities, a review of the questionnaire responses and the
> transcripts
> of the consultations shows the following as the top ten most
> frequently
> mentioned public policy issues:
>
>    1. Spam
>    2. Multilingualism
>    3. Cybercrime
>    4. Cybersecurity
>    5. Privacy and Data Protection
>    6. Freedom of Expression and Human Rights
>    7. International Interconnection Costs
>    8. Bridging the Digital Divide: Access and Policies
>    9. Bridging the Digital Divide: Financing
>   10. Rules for e-commerce, e-business and consumer protection.

Thanks Robert for doing this. In line with the above policy issues
identified by the IGF secretariat, I would like to suggest changing
the title of my first proposed theme on affordable access to read:
"Bridging the Digital Divide: Policies for Affordable Access", with a
slight change in the title of the point 8 above.
Again, thanks.

Mawaki