[governance] Getting back to themes - How do we rank what we have so far ... ?

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 28 13:14:06 EST 2006

Robert Guerra wrote:
> Getting to the broader question of themes, I do want to remind people
> that Desai in the Feb consultation was quite specific in asking the 12
> or so items be short listed to 2-3.
This does not by any means imply civil society should agree on two or
three items and drop the others. The IGF website tells everybody who
visits it:
"Please send us your top three choices giving a short explanation on the
reasons for your choices to igf at unog.ch by 31 March 2006."

As I understand it, the MAG will have to do the selection in the end, or
at least recommend one.

Of course it can help if CS entities come up with two to three issues. The
Privacy and Security Working Group is currently in the process of doing
this. This of course does not preclude others from submitting other themes.

The fact that the IGC is kind of a CS plenary for all aspects of IG should
make it very difficult to agree on a selection or even ranking here, I guess.

Best, Ralf