[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Issues & themes for IGF - 4 days left

Josep Xercavins josep.xercavins at ubuntu.upc.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:16:52 EST 2006

Thanks a lot Robert for your job!

As a first reaction I would like to emphasize our approach as a forum of
civil society organizations.

As I said in the February meeting in Geneva, the main initial goal to the
WSIS was to put the TIC working in pro of development.

So, I again think that the actual orientation of this CS platform is not so
enough balance in this sense. To much technical in my view.

I would like to insist that the issues related with "bridging the digital
divide" and with "capacity building oriented to use the TIC helping
development and, i.e., achieving MDG" should be in the first priorities of
the CS positions.

Thanks!

Xerca

(Josep Xercavins - Coordinator Ad Hoc Secretariat of the World Forum of
Civil Society Networks-UBUNTU)