[governance] A process suggestion for IGF nominations

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Mar 23 10:47:14 EST 2006

On 23 mar 2006, at 08.49, William Drake wrote:

> But, is anyone actually keeping track of the names of people that
> have volunteered?

yes, i am.  however, since we are still in the comment period about
the idea and have not actually started recruiting the volunteers for
the nomcom drawing, i have not put the list up on any site yet.

currently there are, with you, 8 volunteers (and 2 i have sent
questions to about whether they were volunteering for consideration
for candidacy for the MAG or for the nomcom.  once i put up the list,
people who think they volunteered can confirm that their name is on
the list.  assuming we continue down this road, i will put the list
on a web site this weekend sometime.

i think it is a good start for not having started yet.

> Maybe I've lost the thread amidst too many list discussions, but I
> don't have the sense that we've made progress on developing a
> standardized list of qualifications that MAG candidates should
> address.  Did I miss something?

not as far as i know.  i figure the nomcom needs to know this to
start, and it would be good to put out the call of consideration as
soon as possible after this group has figured out its criteria and
requirements.  I think Jeanette mentioned she would post what was
used for WGIG, which might make a good starting place.

a.