[governance] A process suggestion for IGF nominations

Adam Peake (ajp@glocom.ac.jp) apeake at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:55:57 EST 2006

On 3/23/06, Milton Mueller <Mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> >I think this depends on whether or not all those who would like to get
> >nominated are nonetheless willing to volunteer for nomcom. I am willing
> >to volunteer. And I will send a message to the german WSIS list asking
> >all the silent subscribers to the IG caucus list to volunteer too. If
> >others do the same, we should have no problem at all to get 25 and more.
>
> I will volunteer for the nomcom as well. If not selected for the Nomcom
> via random means, I would like to be a North American representative on the
> MAG, but it is I think serious participants in the caucus to take the
> obligation for the caucus to function seriously enough to get their
> priorities straight.

Seems like a bit of civic duty, I'll volunteer. Like jury duty, hope I'm not
picked!

I need to think a bit more about the advisory group, I'm interested, problem
might be finding time. But I don't particularly like the idea of regional
representation (for myself at least.)

Adam

I just discussed this with a colleague here at Syracuse and I think he

<ajp at glocom.ac.jp>