[governance] right to development, the structure of IGCand IG issues for march deadline

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Sun Mar 12 00:52:00 EST 2006

Now, if this is a private debate, I say go to it with vigor - but I
haven't had responses on my comments yet. Is this a private discussion?

Milton Mueller wrote:

> As far as I know, the countries that have succeeded in developing in the post-colonial period have never done so by asserting a right to development.
No, the countries that have 'succeeded' (and what do we call success,
anyway?) in developing in the post-colonial period exercised that Right
of Development. There is a difference between having a Right and
Exercising the right. That was the point I made in my previous post.
Perhaps I was intruding. If we say people have Freedom, the derivative
Freedom of Development exists which demonstrates a Right to Development.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
cnd at knowprose.com

Looking for contracts/work!
http://www.knowprose.com/node/9786

New!: http://www.OpenDepth.com