[governance] Internet Governance Project Receives Ford Foundation Grant

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:53:54 EST 2006

On 3/6/06, Robert Guerra <rguerra at lists.privaterra.org> wrote:

> For those of you who might not have seen this already .... below is news
> on a funding development regarding key people involved in the Caucus.
> Congrats.

Yes, yes, well done!

Though, I am concerned that there's no mention of a development focus -
> a key aspect in the WSIS process.

Yes, but while WSIS was supposed to be about development, it was mainly
about IG.

IGP is supposed to be about IG, not development.

However, I have a project that needs 170k to break the current paradigm of
high interconnection costs in Africa.

Perhaps Milton, et. al. in IGP would like to help get something done instead
of just talkin about it??

Whaddya say Milton, wanna buy a satelittle hub? I can get it for 170k (it's
a demo model) instead of the retail 750k.  It will bring connectivity costs
down by ~ 40% all over Africa.  Can't say fairier than that! ;-)

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim