[governance] Update on charter voting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jul 29 16:55:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 29 jul 2006, at 16.15, Mawaki Chango wrote:

> --- Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:
>
>  anyone who is concerned about
>>
>> whether they are on the list, should let me know (send me the email
>>
>> instead of the list) and i will confirm.
>

> What about having a link on the IGC webpage (or wherever) so that
> people can double check themselves whether they are, or not,
> registered as voters, according to their will - and, possibily,
> action?

That would mean making the list of names open to the world, and I
don't feel I have permission to do that.  i tried to get the list to
show the names to all subscribers willing to have their names show,
but unfortunately that feature doesn't seem to work.  Of course
people can still check their subscriptions to see if there is a name
there.  My offer to confirm was just made for those who really wanted
to double check.

And If i get the voting SW working (i have a faint bit of hope today)
then all of those who are registered will get an email saying they
are registered.  And since I will announce that those emails went
out, all those who don't receive one will know something is wrong,
and if they caare will have time to do something about it.

According to the draft charter once people vote and declare
themselves members (assuming enough bother to vote), those names will
be made public, but as of the moment, i believe i have no authority
for making the names of the people on the list open to the world.

a.

ps. your name is on the list.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org