[governance] charter 1.6

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jul 28 19:29:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

As usual the latest copy can be found in:

http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_draft.html
aka: http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC_charter_draft-1.6.html

Older versions can still be found on the web site
http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC_charter_draft-1.5.html  etc....

Changes in 1.6

     * replaced second option – dealing with open voting – with
new text provided by Parminder.
     *Added leadin sentence about the origin of the IGC to the front
of the charter as suggested by Parminder.

Note:  I am now trying to find the voting system.  I am not sure I
can pull it off in 2 weeks, but unless there are any critical
objections, I would like to start the vote on the charter shortly
after  16 august.  Also I will be almost totally out of
communications areas from 5-14 August as I will be in the
communication challenged mountains of the Arctic working on my remote
communications research project.

Anyone  who has a voting solution is asked to give me some help.  I
looked into a paying option, but with 197 possible voters it would
have cost me 150 USD and I don't have that sort of cash to contribute
to voting on the charter.  So I will keep searching for the free
option.  With some help, I did find a sw package, but I have not been
able to get it (or much of anything e.g. the wiki) to work on the
server I currently have. Suggestions and help are welcome.

thanks
a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org