[governance] Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Thomas Roessler roessler at does-not-exist.org
Sat Jan 21 12:23:09 EST 2006

On 2006-01-21 12:11:22 -0500, Veni Markovski wrote:

>>> The sad truth is that there are few organizations
>>> interested in ICANN processes in Europe, outside the
>>> ISOC chapters. If you can suggest additional structures,
>>> I am convinced ALAC would be interested, but short of
>>> FITUG and ISOC chapters, none applied AFAIK.

>>Well, that's not a reason for restricting the process to
>>ISOC chapters in the first place, right?

> Is it restricted to ISOC chapters only? Or am I
> misunderstanding you - I believ the ALAC is open to
> everyone.

FITUG is not an ISOC chapter, and the process is open to
everyone at this point.

I had (mis?) read Patrick's note as suggesting that a
restriction to ISOC chapters would be ok given the actual
structure of the prospective EURALO membership.

--
Thomas Roessler ยท Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.