[governance] tasks

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Tue Jan 17 14:56:28 EST 2006

karen banks wrote:
> hi vittorio
>
> i agree
>
> maybe it would be good for adam and jeanette to do so if they feel so
> inspired? a good time to re-activate

Hi everyone,

there are actually lots of things to do:

I. assuming the caucus wants to present a statement in Geneva, we need
to discuss the central messages we want to convey:

1. We welcome the creation of a forum on Internet Governance on the
basis of the Geneva principles
2. We insist that the forum is open for everyone
3. The forum must deal with cross cutting issues reflecting existing
expertise in the various areas
4. Then what? Can we be more specific than that?

II. We need to resume our discussion on the future structure of the
caucus. Do we want to remain an open platform or is there a need to
build more formal decision making structures? Just one hint: It might be
necessary to delegate civil society people to a bureau kind of body set
up in the context of the forum. We have at present no procedure in place
to select anybody for any position.

III Chairs: We need new chairs for the caucus! Can we please decide on a
procedure for selecting new chairs? I really want to quit now.

jeanette