[governance] Consultations on the convening of the IGF

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Jan 11 11:13:25 EST 2006

Hi,

A working group, Multistakeholder Modalities WG, was formed  - the
charter is at:
     http://www.nomadicity.net/mmwg-charter-latest.html.
Whether it is part of organized civil society is still an open issue
as we do not know how post-WSIS civil society is organized.

The group, however, has not gotten far beyond forming and has not yet
formulated any statements.  any statement the group did form, in my
opinion, would only be statements of the working group unless other
groups endorsed them.

and of course the MMWG is open to anyone who subscribes to its
charter and is open for discussions and work on the issues invovled
in forming IGF and the other post-WSIS follow on efforts.

a.