[governance] small correction & preparing EU Troika Meeting

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Fri Feb 17 06:56:58 EST 2006

Hi J,

We're developing a hearty habit on this list of disagreeing where there's no
disagreement.

I didn't say we shouldn't broaden our contacts with the EC.  I expressed caution
about getting drawn into the cauldron of differences among EU states.  Aligning
with some in their battles with others adds a layer of complexity to our
interactions with all, so it's a matter of being reasonably deft.

BD