[governance] intervention draft - why are the more progressive elements of IGF functions ommitted

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Feb 16 06:48:09 EST 2006

Bill

I have no issues with your Malta presentation - it is a personal thing, and
of course can legitimately have one angle stressed more than others - as
presentations in specific contexts need to do.....

My reference to glaring omission is just regarding the proposed IG caucus
submission to the crucial IGF meeting.... and the general 'acceptance'
building around it.....

>> I say again, you think that the forum should address
public policy issues for critical resources.  Fine, I'm ok with that.  Let's
see if others agree.  If they don't, ok, views in the caucus are diverse,
and
the challenge then is collegial persuasion.>>>

Yes, this is important. I would like to know who all do not agree that
public policy issues for critical resources should not be discussed in the
IGF. Just to know people's views that all.... because that is a bit
surprising for me that there are people here who believe so. I am very eager
to hear their logic for it.

Best

Parminder
Parminder Jeet Singh