[governance] location

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Tue Feb 14 12:40:06 EST 2006

hi mctim

I don't think there's much weight to the greek proposal of hosting
the secretariat..

>The list of folk attending the Geneva Consultations should be a
>reality check for us in re: Northern vs Southern participation.  I
>count two people from Asia, one from South America, zero from Africa,
>5 from EU, and 5 from North America.
>
>I understand that Secretariat location is not an over-arching issue,
>but it sure would be nice for CS to stand on principle this time.  For
>the long term I am keen to see a distributed Secretariat, and "program
>committee".  For the short term, let's put forward something tangible
>regarding participation of developing country participants and
>capacity building!!

attached for everyone's interest and i hope support, is a proposal on
capacity building and the IGF, authored by david souter, adam peake
and myself coming out of the DIPLO meeting last week

we have submitted this so the IGF secretariat

karen