[governance] Caucus Meeting Wednesday Night?

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:27:44 EST 2006

Veni Markovski wrote:
> Perhaps you can bring our views on the hot topics:
>
> - Secretariat Location (Geneva?)
> - IGF meetings (1 per year?)
> - Steering Group (multistakeholder, of course)

If these are the "hot" topics I can only wonder what the cold ones are. Has there been no discussion of the equal status of participants, of the procedures by which working groups will be formed, or whether there will indeed be a working group structure? Was there any discussion of agenda topics?

Jeanette Hofmann:
>Does anybody disagree with
>*Geneva as location for the secretariat?

Agree with Lee M. that this is an insider fight with little consequence to CS; other than opposing alternatives that would make it difficult or hostile to us we should not get involved.

>* meetings once a year?
>
>Do people like the idea suggested in Malta to call the steering group/
>bureau rather a program committee?

The difference is....nominal. Of course program committee is better in case someone gets drunken with the "power" of "steering" but this is not a very important issue either.