[governance] ITU IG Resolution

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Dec 18 06:16:24 EST 2006

> Thats a waste of time.  The WSIS et al have only managed to achives a
> level of complexity.  Complexity fails the internet control test.
>
> http://www.nma.com/papers/InternetParadigm.pdf
>
> In light of the obvious above stated, one can easily describe the WSIS
> coffee talk process as an abortion in progress.
>
> regards
> joe baptista

Joe

The presentation you refer to is very informative indeed, and tells one part
of the story very well. (that’s the best perhaps one can aspire to do). But
since you have used the presentation for a particular 'political' purpose, I
must call your attention to some very flawed premises in the presentations.

Like the reference to

• No One Owns an Economy (anymore;-)
• No one can own a Free Market (successfully)

I don’t think anyone with any political understanding will even bother
trying to refute the above. Incidentally, there are massive national and
international (WTO) institutional arrangements dedicating to regulating what
the presentor calls as an un-ownable (and therefore presumably
un-distortable) economy and 'free' market.

And the political orientations (or naiveté) of the presentor then easily
takes him into mythical territories about the Internet itself....

Internet Business Model
• Service Providers Mutually Agree to Exchange
Traffic via some "Mythical Middle".
• Each End Pays for all Sending & all Receiving,
To and From the Mystical Middle.
• No Settlement for Directional Differentials,
Because there are no such differentials!
• ISPs sell global access, via Mystical MIDDLE
Interesting to note that the middle is not ownable!

Ask the African Internet user about the above... She pays more than more
than to and fro from the 'middle'.... And the middle is not ownable ???...
well, many don’t believe so. But I will leave it at that....

And if

> Complexity fails the internet control test.

Simplicity, or rather being simplistic, fails the test of our lived social
and political reality.

Regards

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh