[governance] Four legs good, two legs bad

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Wed Dec 13 13:40:04 EST 2006

Louis Pouzin wrote:

>As long as the US gov will try to maintain its exclusive grip on the internet, there will be endless discussions and guerrillas on IG.

Actually - there are less guerrillas and endless discussion then there
were back in the days when ICANN started up.  The reasons are simple,
the WSIS process has failed.  When it started it was doomed to fail and
now all we have is the coffee talk crowd.  Most of whom have no idea
what a root server is or what it does.

>Changes will occur anyhow, because digital communications systems (internet and phone) are highly flexible structures that may be redesigned without disrupting end user services. A most ironic thing today is that the internet establishment is playing the former P&T game of walling up its turf. Vested interests ??

Thats right - changes have in fact occurred, and those changes will
continue to occur until such time as the solution is discovered.  Not
found.  The solution was found some time ago.  The question is - when
will it be discovered.

http://www.publicroot.org/news-2005-09-30-resignations.html

or revamped

http://www.unifiedroot.com/

and finally discovered again.

http://www.publicroot.org/

You yourself have discovered a solution with your radice libre.  The
concepts you discussed with Peter Dambier.  I think it's time you got a
move on that and made it a reality.

regards
joe

     governance at lists.cpsr.org