SV: [governance] New dot com agreement changes USG-ICANN relationship

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Dec 2 13:05:57 EST 2006

On 2 dec 2006, at 18.55, Milton Mueller wrote:

> What this recent decision does is make it clearer than ever that we
> are never getting rid of that mechanism.

that is a very long time.
while i may be very cynical about the role of the US Gov and DOC, i
do not believe that is is never.  something will precipitate a change
sooner or later, and moves like this are very likely to spur the
imaginations of those who want to find a way out of this situation.

of course part of the problem is that some, perhaps many, think this
is a good thing.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org