[governance] IGF workshop proposals

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Aug 27 10:57:17 EDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Milton Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> HI, Adam
> Thanks for keeping us informed!

> >May be a couple more to come.
>
> Shouldn't you adhere to your own rules? A Deadline is a deadline. Some
> of us really had to sweat to make it.

Effort made getting the proposals in is very much appreciated. I know
it wasn't easy.  But a couple of organizers seem to have asked for an
extra couple of days to finish off their proposals.  I don't know who
or why, but am happy to give people the chance. As we asked for
everyone to try and include all stakeholders, I am expecting some
civil society colleagues might be involved.

I want the MAG to be liberal in how we judge workshop proposals and
setting a precedent about the deadline might be unhelpful when it
comes to the selection process. I want as many viable workshops as
possible, they are the key part of the IGF.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org