[governance] Re: Burr & Cade: proposal for introducingmulti-lateral oversight of the root

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Tue Aug 1 10:31:16 EDT 2006

<personal opinion>

Hi,

where a country resides if it has a host country agreement is
irrelevant.

my assumption has always been that ICANN could stay right were is was
as long it changed from being a US corporation to having a host
country agreement with the US, Belgium and whereever it was based.
just as the UN, world bank and IMF are only accountable to the local
ordinances pre-agreed upon, so to could be the case with ICANN.  why
should they have to incur the expense of moving operations?  isn't it
the governance regime that matters, not the location.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org