[governance] contribution on substance

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Wed Apr 26 13:58:30 EDT 2006

Interesting document, Veni. Topic 2 is of special interest, as it
explicitly defends the adoption of FOSS as much as possible as a matter
of national policy (incidentally, using the "freedom of choice" argument
usually used my M$ :)) -- this seems to be a consensus (please, folks,
correct me if I am wrong) in the civil society cauci.

I am not sure the IGF should (or could) start right away discussing
topics (whatever their number). There is a lot of methodological,
procedural issues to be dealt with which will not be solved from now to
Athens, and which the IGF itself will have to handle "first thing in the
morning".

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso
diretor de planejamento

* Sacix -- distribuição Debian CDD Linux   *
* orientada a projetos de inclusão digital *
* com software livre e de código aberto,   *
* mantida pela Rits em colaboração com o   *
* Coletivo Digital.                        *
* Saiba mais: http://www.sacix.org.br      *