[governance] NomCom nomination statments - To publish or not to Publish

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Apr 12 15:41:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 10 apr 2006, at 04.34, Meryem Marzouki wrote:

> Also, I may have missed some explanation, but what would be the
> result of the nominating process ? A consensus on the 15 final names,
> an ordered list of all nominated people, classified by the number of
> "votes" rceived from individual members of the nomcom ? i.e. How the
> nomcom would proceed?
> If there is an ordered list of nominated people, then it must be
> published too.

I am not sure how the Nomcom will proceed process wise internally,
but the idea that i believed was accepted by this caucus was  that a
list of names, in the area of 15, will be forwarded the the IGF
secretariat as the IGC endorsed set of candidates for the MAG.

I believe that this process has no effect, one way or anther, on
other nomination processes that may be going on elsewhere in civil
society.  My assumption is the the IGF secretariat will receive all
of the names, un-endorsed, singly endorsed and multiply endorsed and
make its selections based on its own criteria.

a.