[governance] URGENT - Proposal: guidelines to send IGC submissions

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Mon Apr 3 07:08:57 EDT 2006

Hi Meryem,

Thanks for moving this along.  A couple of quick questions:

Unless I'm missing something, as described, this seems like sort of path of
least resistance, status quo proposal, essentially a 'do again' without any
substantive changes other than that we make sure all are included and are in
finalized form.  Am I correct that you do not envision that each of the
proposals would be labeled as coming from 'members of the IGC' or from 'the
IGC'?  Similarly, that they would not each include a standardized
disclaimer/explanation---it sounds like this would only be done in an email
to the secretariat?  In that case, the only people who would see it are the
IGF staff; when visitors download the proposals from the IGF website, they'd
not see anything telling them the contents of your point 4/and related
issues.

Another simple approach would be to include in each proposal a standardized
caption like "Theme Proposal for the IGF Submitted by the IGC" and a
disclaimer paragraph so that readers see this came from the caucus space but
there's no prioritization or specific endorsement of each, why they're all
in Bertrand's standardized format, etc...It wouldn't be hard to write this,
but there's no point if there's not much interest here in preserving the
brand etc...

Best,

Bill