[governance] Need for coordinators => process going forward

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 10:16:54 EDT 2006

Hi:

Bill, maybe the coffee still has some way to go:), or maybe I just
wasn't clear. I meant to say: "...and considering we agreed not to
proritize and [NOT to] send just 3 themes," and I'm part of that
agreement.

Also, I was suggesting that, if the caucus is willing to supplement
the subimissions (I've also slightly fixed mines), you may help us
coordinate this specific and limited process till Tuesday, just as
you've started doing since the call to Chengetai last Friday.

Finally,

--- William Drake <drake at hei.unige.ch> wrote:

> 4.  Again, how do we want to frame what's sent: a) individual
> submissions,
> with no relation to the caucus; b) 'proposal from members of the
> IGC;' or c)
> 'proposals from the IGC'?  The second is a reasonable fudge, but if
> we're
> sending them all rather than making choices, why fudge when we
> could just
> say in a disclaimer that the caucus is serving in this case as a
> conduit.

I would eliminate 4a, so for me either 4b or 4c would be fine,
depending what others think. The problem is, as you mentioned, you
and probably some others may not agree/think some proposals are
relevant to IGF or strategically worth submitting as plenary agenda
items, etc. and we probably don't have time to start that discussion.
As a consequence, some may feel uncomfortable with 4c.

My 2 cents,

Mawaki

> 5.  If we did options 4b or 4c, would it make sense to submit a
> single file
> or ten separate ones with a standardized header and disclaimer?
>

> Finally (!), regarding Meryem's need for coordinators point, this
> is pretty
> obvious, but I would suggest that with limited time and bandwidth
> we not
> launch that thread now and first try to get a coherent process in
> place to
> send thematic submissions by Tuesday.
>
> Best,
>
> Bill