[governance] Caucus Position on Oversight?

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sat Sep 24 09:12:46 EDT 2005

I support Bill approach.

We should try - independent from the governmental discussions next week - to formulate our own position. As  I said in an previous mai, this "CS IG Declaration" could have four chapters:
Chapter 1: Principles (multistakeholder, openess, trnasparecy, democratic , privacy, freedom of expression, all agreed langauge and reference to the working definition)
Chapter 2: Forum Function (here we have done siome work, not yet full agreement, but the workshop last Wednesday produced key elements,
Chapter 3: oversight: Most critical point. My personal position is "full privatization" based on four "ifs" (mainly related to contractual arrangements of ICANN, internal procedures within ICANN, now precedures within GAC and new relationship between ICANN and  GAC).
Chapter 4. ohter issues.

The whole paper should be no longer than 4 pages. A drsaft could be further discussed beyond PrepCom3 and tablæed as an official CS declaration in Tunis.

If no consenmsus among us is possible, lets go Bills way and loog for sgnatories.

Attached is an recent article I wrote for Bill´s book. Critivcal comments are welcome.

best

wolfgang