[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Today's Subcommittee A meeting

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Sep 21 03:33:39 EDT 2005

Thanks Jeanette,

here are two additional points:

1. the Chinese statement made clear very explicitly that China does not accept the special role of "one single government", but, and this is interesting, it said also, that "security and stability of the Internet" should not be undermined when chanigng the oversight model. And, even more, it made also clear that China prefers an "evolutionary process", which indicates that China sees Tunis only as one checkpoint and not as the end of the story.

2. The EU remained rather general but repeated the formlation from the EU Council 2005 decision that it is in favour of a "new cooperative model" without specifiying how the new model could like.

Best
wolfgang