[governance] please read: APC text on Forum function

William Drake wdrake at cpsr.org
Thu Sep 29 11:21:34 EDT 2005

Milton

> On 2005-09-29 10:46:51 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> > From: Milton Mueller <Mueller at syr.edu>

> > I don't get it Bill. Not saying I disagree, I just have no idea what you
> > are saying. How can the invokation of interopability and e2e "provide
> > the USA and business with a big opening to reject the forum outright"?

The problem is not the invocation, the problem is this:

"In the context of the evolving public and technical policy landscape of
the Internet there will be a need to concretize binding international
agreements...The forum should monitor this evolving landscape with a view
to the initiation of a process to concretize such international
agreements."

This is no fly territory to the US, business, and probably other OECD
governments.  Creeping council...

BD