[governance] MODIFIED draft text on political oversight

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 28 10:33:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think you minimize the conditions, but essentially the proposal
recognizes the fact that the US is in in control of this process.  I
think you minimize the role the forum and the rest of the community
can have in terms of pressuring the council and the gov't to complete
their business in reasonable time and according to the requirements
we are trying to put forward. especially if the WSIS report endorses
the proposal - though that is not likely.

As mild as you think this is, even this proposal gets a negative
endorsement from the US.   and ICANN's point of view is unprintable.
To pretend that there is any other possibility is a pipe dream.

a.