[governance] Today's Subcommittee A meeting

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 21 03:56:04 EDT 2005

Hi Laina,

I guess you covered it quite well. Civil society structures follows that
of the prepcom. Since the work on the final documents for Tunis are now
structured along two subcommittees (A for Internet Governance, B for
"follow up"), the Internet Governance has become a channel for all input
relating to the scope of subcommittee A.
The IG caucus meets every day at 2.30 pm in room E 3056 on the third
floor. We are now in the stage where we begin to collect concrete
language from the various caucuses, which are to be included in our own
draft. We want to contribute our statement on Friday afternoon to ensure
that it will be taken into consideration by the governments' drafting
group. (Not sure I mentioned this, Amb Khan has not appointed a drafting
group yet. Some people expect this to happen towards the weekend.)

jeanette