[governance] Updated version of oversight stmt.

klohento at panos-ao.org klohento at panos-ao.org
Wed Sep 28 13:26:17 EDT 2005

Dear all:

It seems to me, there is no reference to developing countries in the
statement, and since in my opinion developing countries don't have
*enough* opportunities to be participate in ICANN body and governance
mechanisms, I propose (in line with the African Caucus statement) that a
small addition is made to point 2 (in capital letters) which could read
: please edit the English if needed.

2. ICANN must ensure full and equal multi-stakeholder participation on
its Board[add,] and throughout its organizational structure[add:s,] of the
community
of Internet users, national governments, civil society, the technical
community,
business associations, non profit organizations and non-business
organizations; PARTICULAR ATTENTION SHOULD BE PAID TO DEVELOVING COUNTRIES PARTICIPATION.

Ken Lohento