[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Oversight: Are we forgetting principles?

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Sep 27 11:53:24 EDT 2005

>>> Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> 09/27/05 11:31 AM >>>
>Let me start by reminding us that we are
>not the only ones who are on a blind flight. The governments do very
>much the same thing.

Absolutely. I was talking about them as much as or more than CS.

>Alas, it turned out we had to deliver already
>today. To not speak at all did not sound like a good option.
>So, we  offered what we had.

I hope I made it clear in my earlier message that I had no objection to
some intervention from people in CS. That you spoke for Boell Foundation
is fine with me.

>You make us look like complete dilettants, which we are not, Milton.

:-)   ....pass the knife!
No, the oversight proposal, especially the review committee part, was
not well thought out.  My amendments to it were just as improvised. Bret
Fausett has added a good perspective on host country agreements. Lots of
things to discuss here.

>There is basically nothing ripe yet. This is why we find this an
>interested process, don't we?

Let's not push for decisions when decisions are not ripe, that's all.
It's fun to rearrange organs, but the patient has to live in the end.