[governance] Caucus Position on Oversight?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:48:16 EDT 2005

Morning Ian (morning in Geneva at least),

On 9/25/05, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:
> McTim, let's separate the issues here.
>
> There is a digital divide issue being addressed at WSIS.

No, in fact it is NOT being addressed, this is my point.

> There is also an Internet governance issue being addressed.

This "sexy" topic gets more attention than all others put together.

I am now in the African Caucus (governmental), and IG is (and has
been) the only topic on the agenda.

> WE have no disagreement about the importance of the first issue. Addressing
> this appropriately is important. However, this does not distract from the
> importance of the second issue. They are separate and will both be
> addressed.

I am afraid you are incorrect.  I am quite sure of it in fact.  Sad, but true.

--
Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl:      TMCG