[governance] Drafting seession ongoing now

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Mon Sep 26 11:45:10 EDT 2005

I just came to Room XVI where governments are now negotiating
as drafting group on "3. Public Policy Issues" with Saudi Arabia
who proposed the new strucutre charing the session.

Noone questioned the presense of non-governmental people
thus there are more than 10 such people I can see in the room.

Here follows is my rough memo of ongoing debate.

Discussing the order and flow of 45   51...

US
  The proposed change by Sandi do not include recognition of current
arrangement which are working fine   assumign that exisiting system
is broken and proposing the new system

Chair (Saudi)

Canada
We need to think all with Chap 5

Brazil
What does it mean “legitimacy”
  13th century of UK   King started Parliament

South Africa
Sequence   support Saudi proposal
Legitimacy -  support Uganda proposal to include “legitimacy”
soverign right of states and their involvement
Issues of stakeholder participation
Role of governments
Other stakeholders roles be better addressed in Chapter 5

US
Still have problem with the meaning of "oversight" - we insist
to take it into [].

------

and the session went stuck and then adjurned.

izumi