[governance] ICT4Peace meeting and draft report

William Drake wdrake at cpsr.org
Thu Sep 22 04:28:59 EDT 2005

Hello,

Over the past year I've been working on a project for the Swiss government
with Daniel Stauffacher (Swiss WSIS ambassador) and others on the use of
ICT in (military) conflict management, humanitarian relief, and
peacebuilding operations, www.ict4peace.org.  The final report of the
first project phase will be released at the Tunis Summit, where we'll also
do a parallel event with Former Finnish President Martti Ahtisaari etc.

If anyone is interested in these issues, there will be a short parallel
event on the project tomorrow Friday 23rd,

13.00 – 14.00 hours, Palais des Nations, room XXIII, Presentation of the
ICT4Peace Report by Ambassador Stauffacher, Mr. William Drake, Mr. Paul
Currion and Ms. Julia Steinberger. The event is organized by the Swiss
Executive Secretariat for the WSIS.

The draft report is now online at the following rather unfortunate URL:

http://www.ict4peace.org/fs-search/download/ICT4Peace%20report,%20Sept%2019%202005.doc?version_id=8952

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake  wdrake at ictsd.ch
President, Computer Professionals for
   Social Responsibility www.cpsr.org
Senior Associate, International Centre for Trade
   and Sustainable Development www.ictsd.org
   Geneva, Switzerland
http://mitpress.mit.edu/IRGP-series
http://www.cpsr.org/board/drake
Morality is the best of all devices for leading
mankind by the nose.---Nietzsche