[governance] need for a host country agreement?

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 28 03:59:58 EDT 2005

Bret, I remember unpleasant side-effects of Californian law:

http://www.icann.org/santiago/membership-analysis.htm

It took me a long time to understand what a derivative lawsuit actually
is. From a non american point of view it seemed bizarre that it
prevented a membership organization in ICANN.

best, jeanette