[governance] need for a host country agreement?

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Tue Sep 27 13:08:27 EDT 2005

A host country agreement for a private corporation doesn't seem that
sensible to me.

There is some precedent for domestic legislation giving some private
companies with international aspects a special status.  Examples are the
IOC and (I forget which) either INTELSAT or COMSAT.  Neither is a very
attractive model, especially the IOC which has been so mired in scandal
due to its lack of transparency and the absence of any form of oversight.

http://www.icannwatch.org   Personal Blog: http://www.discourse.net
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm
                        -->It's @#$% hot here.<--