[governance] MODIFIED draft text on political oversight

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Wed Sep 28 05:44:01 EDT 2005

Hi
I think that we can have language that requires futher discussion re
development of some of the more detailed points.I don't think that we
need to thrash everything out in detail right now in a rush, once the
concepts of MSF, reformed ICANN and independent review are agreed to
and accepted.

I agree that ICANN would need some sort of independent review body as
a "last resort". I do not think it should be the Forum. I agree with
Avri that this independent review would be already constituted before
it is needed, and simply "turn on" to respond to requests for review
on particular decisions. This could include the choosing of the panel
members in advance.

I also doubt that a framework convention is the way to go.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com
T&T Music and videos online