[governance] Amb. Khan "food for thought " document on Internet governance

Adam Peake (ajp@glocom.ac.jp) apeake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:46:24 EDT 2005

A "food for thought " document prepared by Amb Khan for the Sept. 6
informal consultations on Internet Governance.

<http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/consultations/6sep/food-for-thought.pdf>

Mainly in the form of questions.  Does anyone have energy to try and
answer? (I have deadlines on other things.)

The document also confirms the time management plan (9 half day
meetings) and (quoting)

"* In line with past practice, observers (business entities, civil
society and international organizations) would be accorded a certain
time (e.g., initially 15 minutes each and later 5 minutes each per
session) for making contributions relevant to the topics under
discussion during that session. Unless otherwise decided, observers
may be present throughout the work of the Sub- Committee
* Small drafting groups may be created by the chair, as and when required.
* In the compilation document of comments on the WGIG report (DT/7)
government comments would be recorded first followed by observer
comments (in alphabetical order) on each item."

I'd like to understand what "and later 5 minutes each per session" means.

Adam