[governance] oversight

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Oct 11 17:44:23 EDT 2005

Hi,

While I support advocating audits and appeals mechanisms I would
prefer not to call them oversight, but proper ICANN governance.

I am dead set against the idea that 'all governments in oversight is
better then one.'  One is hopefully a temporary thing that might pass
in time, e.g. with a new US administration and a mature
multistakeholder ICANN.  'all governments' would, to my mind, be a
permanent evil.

a.