[governance] Statement made in Plenary

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sat Oct 1 18:16:01 EDT 2005

Milton Mueller ha scritto:
> We know what "involvement in an advisory capacity" means now, don't we?

Sure, but I don't see it very likely that the WSIS can reach any
agreement that does not foresee any kind of governmental oversight or
governmental-only entity for governmental blah-blah - even the EU is
unlikely to completely renounce to it.

Hence, my second choice would be to accept a proposal that leaves this
issue in such an hypothetical and depotentiated status that the battle
to prevent it from happening can be deferred to when the moment will
come, years from now, while in the meantime we can proceed with the
forum, a reasonable i18n of ICANN and all the other stuff we love.