[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Post mortem and next steps on IG

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Oct 2 08:24:34 EDT 2005

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
>>>For example: why don't we formally put together a "civil society
>>>delegation", composed by a few people (3-5) entrusted by this Plenary,
>>>and send a letter to Karklins saying that we would like such delegation
>>>to be formally included in the open ended negotiations? After all, the
>
> If they are open ended, every government can attend. Why would we want
> to limit ourselves to a few people?

My point is: it's clear that bringing these negotiations into an open
forum, even with the PrepCom procedures, is impossible; then, rather
than to have speaking slots (where and at whom?), we could propose that
for this phase we are included under the form of one extra delegation.
The point is not about how many of us are into it, but about asking to
let us speak as a group with one single voice; this should appear
reasonable and could not be refused with the justification that we would
disrupt the process with our colourful and repeated appearances and by
dissenting each with the other.

But it's just my two cents. I agree it's not likely to happen, but I
think we have to insist, and not yield so easily.