[governance] some points

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Oct 1 17:01:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

I agree with this approach.  I think it would be good to get
agreement on as many of the main points as we can and to create a
speaking points document that the coordinators and those present
could use to come up with quick responses, that would not need
explicit prior caucus consensus if we were presented with some new
proposal to react to.   Obviously if there was some new concept for
which there was no 'brief' then we would still need to return to the
caucus for prior discussion.

As the process stands at the moment, no one can say something on
behalf of the caucus without first getting the caucus to approve the
specific statement.

Of course that means we should be sure we have agreed to as much as
possible before the continuation of the prepcom.

i also think we need to work out something with the chair that allows
civil society to make statements that have not been presented several
hours in advance to the secretariat.  i.e at the end of the
governments comment they should always ask if there are any other
stakeholder comments, so that we could raise the flag and be recognized.

a.