[governance] Fwd: [WSIS CS-Plenary] HR caucus proposes Shirin Ebadi to speak at WSIS opening

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Wed Oct 12 08:44:43 EDT 2005

I don't know how the ITU could turn down a  nobel prize winner  to
speak. Perhaps, not high "enough" level for them?

Will be interesting how the Iranian delegation reacts, as no doubt
they will have been alerted to the fact already. Might they not allow
her to travel to Tunis?

As i've mentioned to the human rights caucus - there will be a need
to develop a plan, a reaction, if the ITU for some reason DOES NOT
accept the recommendation from CS to have Ebadi speak. It would , for
sure, indicate the lack of appreciation of Human rights in the
information society...

regards,

Robert

--