[governance] oversight

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Oct 27 06:08:36 EDT 2005

At 00:11 27-10-05  +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>wcurrie at apc.org ha scritto:
> > What if we take the key points of the Argentinian proposal
>
>I would avoid adopting or making reference to any governmental proposal,
>even if just as a starting point. If you start from the Argentinian
>proposal, you join the "pro-USG anti-EU" front, and if you start from
>the EU proposal, it's the opposite.

Vittorio and all,
even if we do not use any references to any .gov proposal, people are
not stupid, they will make their conclusions based on the text we
produce. It is a time when civil society will have to take a
position. This position may be in accordance with one or another
governmental statement. We should not be afraid of that!

best,
veni