[governance] oversight

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Thu Oct 27 04:05:23 EDT 2005

Jeanette has the right approach. CS is rather diverse and is we want to have consensus like governments, we produce the same vague laguage which charatcrizes govenrmental declarations.

One way to make life easier is to have a short document with clear principles.

The CS IG Tunis Declaration shou,d be no longer than two or three pages, maximum (including two Annexes with
a. a fromal proposal for a Forum and
b. a mandate for a CS Working Group on Oversight.

There will be alot of life after Tunis, but Tunis is a unique opportunity which can produce a milestone.

I also agree fully with Adams approach to base the CS IG Tunis Declaration on the existing language drafted for PrepCom2 and 3. Great speeches by Avri, Jeanette, Karin and others (also male members) has been made there.

Best

wolfgang