[governance] Forum: the EU is looking for inputs

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Oct 24 09:25:55 EDT 2005

At 10:45 24-10-05  +0200, William Drake wrote:

>In light of my tooth grinding on this concern, Martin Boyle of the UK (EU
>presidency) asked me to write a text laying out a vision of the forum,
>which he said he would then share with all EU governments and other
>parties. Nitan agreed that at the UN level, such a document would probably
>be most welcome.

Bill,
I will happily share this with my government. We are having a
relatively big delegation for the Summit, and I can send them your
document. As you know, Bulgaria is one of the not-so-many countries
to work successfully with the CS during WSIS, and I am sure they will
appreciate it.
Having said that, I agree with these words of yours, too:

>It would be far better if the caucus were to provide a collectively
>agreed input.

>On substance, just a few quick points responding to previous threads:
>
>*Veni's statement that representatives from existing orgs should not be
>allowed to participate in the forum is a complete non-starter.  This could
>never be agreed and would anyway preclude any hope that the thing fosters
>a measure of mutual adjustment toward greater coordination, per WGIG.

I agree. My statement was not right, but I have to asure you - if
I've thought about the WGIG, I wouldn't have written it. WGIG is a
good (if not the best, so far...) example of cooperation and
coordination between all "stakeholders". Therefore, please, if the
substance is to have a WGIG like form of discussion, ignore my idea.

best,

veni