[governance] Possible CS text on forum

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Oct 24 09:13:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think the rewrite is pretty much ok.  I had no intention on
engaging in emasculation, i just don't trust the governments and
private sector to include civil society in any executive - especially
if it is designated by the prepcom/wsis in its current mode.  Since
section 5 seems to include Izumi's suggestion that the formation of
any executive or steering group be done through through open and
inclusive consultations, it is probably the best we an do at this point.

I think you can drop '(if necessary)' , since the words 'Any
executive ..." are included and section 5 really indicates that the
form of the forum should be discussed openly.

Also I am not sure we need to drop the mention of other organizations
and fora. I would recommend including a line something like:

The new forum should be designed to work cooperatively with existing
institutions and the best possible use should be made of research and
work carried out by others

a.