[governance] oversight

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Oct 17 22:46:32 EDT 2005

On 18 okt 2005, at 08.06, McTim wrote:

>> For example, when talking to the present ICANN management, I did not
>> have the impression that they were prejudicially opposite to
>> moving the
>> legal seat of the corporation or changing its legal form.
>>

> This may be true. My point to Laina was that I don't think they will
> move to CH as Laina suggested (they have a Brussels office already).

I have long been a supporter of the Internationalization/host country
agreement.  that does not mean, at least to me, that they actually
have to move.  e.g, I don't see why it would be impossible for there
to be a reasonable host country agreement with the US (and with
Belgium or wherever else an office is located).  It is not a question
of where ICANN is located, just which laws they are subject to.

a.